|Title||[Call for Application] 2022-2nd Semester Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT): Scholarship Opportunity for ASEAN Faculty Members in the Republic of Korea|
Year 2022: 40 candidates
* Country Quota and University Quota may vary depending on the application result.
◦ 3 years (September, 2022 ~ August, 2025)
◦ Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual cost
◦ Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
◦ Others: Various incidental allowances depend on each university
◦ All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate.
◦ Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
◦ Applicants who are academic faculty members at 4-year college/university* in their home country
(*Higher Education institution offering bachelor’s degree or equivalent courses)
◦ Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies while residing in Korea over the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence with the university they belong to and how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that the doctoral program starts (i.e. September 1, 2022).
◦ Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean or English.
◦ Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements.
Place of Submission : University Admission’s Office
* Applicants are to submit applications by airmail or online to one of the six designated universities directly. For further information, please check Attachments.
Deadline of Submission
◦ FORM 1. PERMISSION FOR STUDY LEAVE
◦ FORM 2. APPLICANT AGREEMENT
◦ FORM 3. PESONAL MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
◦ Original Certificate of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree and each Transcript
◦ Certificate of Employment
◦ Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Documents
* Universities’ additional requirement: please refer to Attachment
◦ Application Submission: September, 2021 ~ November, 2021
◦ 1st Round of Selection: November / 2nd Round of Selection: December, 2021
◦ Announcement of 2022-1st Semester HEAT Scholars: January, 2022 (notification by the universities)
◦ Applying for Korea VISA: February, 2022
◦ Entry into Korea: varies depending on university
◦ Course Start Date: varies depending on university