|Title||[Call for Application] 2021 Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT): Scholarship Opportunity for ASEAN Faculty Members in the Republic of Korea|
Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) is launching a new scholarship entitled "Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT): Scholarship Opportunity for ASEAN Faculty Members in the Republic of Korea". The purpose of this program is to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN.
Year 2021: 30 Candidates
* Country Quota and University Quota may vary depending on the application result.
◦ 3 years (September 1, 2021 ~ August 31, 2024)
◦ Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual cost
◦ Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
◦ Others: various incidental allowances depend on each university
* All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate.
◦ Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
◦ Applicants who are academic faculty members at a 4-year college/university * in their home country
(*Higher Education Institution offering bachelor’s degree or equivalent courses)
◦ Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies while residing in Korea over the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence with the university they belong to and how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that the doctoral program starts (i.e. September 1, 2021).
◦ Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean or English.
◦ Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements.
Place of Submission: University Admission’s Office
* Applicants are to submit applications by airmail or online to one of the six designated universities directly. For further information, please check Attachments
Deadline of Submission
◦ FORM 1. PERMISSION FOR STUDY LEAVE
◦ FORM 2. APPLICANT AGREEMENT
◦ FORM 3. PERSONAL MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
◦ Original Certificate of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree and each Transcript
◦ Certificate of Employment
◦ Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Documents
* Universities’ additional requirement: please refer to Attachment
◦ Application Submission: March ~ April
◦ 1st Round of Selection: April / 2nd Round of Selection: May
◦ Announcement of 2021 HEAT Scholars: June (notification by the universities)
◦ Applying for Korean VISA: July
◦ Entry into Korea: by August 31st, 2021
◦ Course Start Date: September 1st, 2021
2021-2 HEAT Graduate Program_Guidelines(FINAL)_Deadline revised_Ewha.pdf
[KCUE] HEAT Higher Education for ASEAN Talents_ASEAN Languages.zip